Salad Fruits de Mer with Pink Goddess Dressing
Meal type: Dinner
100g rocket leaves (pre-washed)
100g baby spinach (pre-washed)
100g cos lettuce (pre-washed)
100g red chard leaf (pre-washed)
150g diced red onion
1/2 packet cherry tomatoes
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 peeled diced cucumber
30g shaved parmesan
100g flaked, cooked salmon
100g smoked salmon
100g cold water prawns
1 fillet peppered, smoked mackerel
1 peeled sliced apple
5g melted butter
5g olive oil
2 slices bread
1 large mid-ripe avocado
PINK GODDESS DRESSING
120ml natural yogurt
20ml wine vinegar
1 tbsp chopped dill
1 tbsp anchovy essence/fish sauce
1/2 tsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp mustard powder/mustard
1 Fresh lemon
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp chopped chive
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- If you are using fresh salmon - place the salmon steak into a tray, add cold water, seasoning and a bay leaf
- Place into a pre-heated oven on 175C/Gas mark 4 for 10 mins or until fish is cooked. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
- Chop the smoked salmon into strips, wash the prawns and flake the smoked mackerel. Set aside.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and set aside
- Peel the cucumber and dice into fork sized pieces
- When the salmon is out of the oven turn up to 190C/Gas Mark 5. Decrust the bread and cut into small cubes. Mix the melted butter and olive oil together,add 1/2 tsp chopped garlic and season
- Stir the butter mixture into the diced bread , coating all cubes. Place them on a tray and cook in the oven for 10 mins. When they are done, transfer the croutons to a plate to cool.
- Peel and dice the red onion
- Peel and slice the apple, coating it in lemon juice to stop it from going brown
- To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, herbs, crushed garlic, anchovy essence, juice of 1/2 lemon, zest of 1/4 lemon, mustard and tomato puree.
- Whisk until all dressing ingredients combine, then fold the natural yogurt into the mix.
- Split the avocado, remove the stone, and dice into large pieces
- In a clean bowl place the leaves. Add onions, cucumber, tomatoes, acocado and parmesan in quantities of your choice.
- Add the fresh and smoked salmon, prawns and mackerel. Layer the sliced apple and croutons on the top.
- Serve with a pot of pink goddess dressing and a wedge of lemon on the side