Salad Fruits de Mer with Pink Goddess Dressing
- If you are using fresh salmon - place the salmon steak into a tray, add cold water, seasoning and a bay leaf
- Place into a pre-heated oven on 175C/Gas mark 4 for 10 mins or until fish is cooked. Transfer to a plate and allow to cool.
- Chop the smoked salmon into strips, wash the prawns and flake the smoked mackerel. Set aside.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes into halves and set aside
- Peel the cucumber and dice into fork sized pieces
- When the salmon is out of the oven turn up to 190C/Gas Mark 5. Decrust the bread and cut into small cubes. Mix the melted butter and olive oil together,add 1/2 tsp chopped garlic and season
- Stir the butter mixture into the diced bread , coating all cubes. Place them on a tray and cook in the oven for 10 mins. When they are done, transfer the croutons to a plate to cool.
- Peel and dice the red onion
- Peel and slice the apple, coating it in lemon juice to stop it from going brown
- To make the dressing, combine the vinegar, herbs, crushed garlic, anchovy essence, juice of 1/2 lemon, zest of 1/4 lemon, mustard and tomato puree.
- Whisk until all dressing ingredients combine, then fold the natural yogurt into the mix.
- Split the avocado, remove the stone, and dice into large pieces
- In a clean bowl place the leaves. Add onions, cucumber, tomatoes, acocado and parmesan in quantities of your choice.
- Add the fresh and smoked salmon, prawns and mackerel. Layer the sliced apple and croutons on the top.
- Serve with a pot of pink goddess dressing and a wedge of lemon on the side